Not Your Typical Realtor. Not Your Typical Realtor Bio.
You loathe typical real estate agents…bios. Don’t worry, I do too. They’re like cardboard — stiff, bland, and identical to every other bio out there. Instead of boasting ad nauseum about awards and accomplishments you’re not interested in, I’m taking the novel approach of actually giving you what you want — real answers to questions you’re probably wondering right now.
Will you return my calls, emails and texts?
Yes. Without question.
I realize this is one of the major frustrations the general public has with dealing with agents. I get dozens of calls and emails daily, and I work hard to reply as quickly as possible.
I’ve met many Agents who are jerks. Are you?
Depends on who you ask. If you ask certain agents who have stood between my clients and their real estate goals, they’ll probably say “yes”. A handful of people think I leave golden footprints in the sand. Those are the two extremes, and most people’s opinion falls somewhere in the middle.
Here’s what I can tell you: I’m honest and candid. I take pride in being approachable and friendly. And if you need a quick real estate brain, or a strong dose of honesty, you’re in the right place. Loyalty to family, clients, and friends is one of my core values. Want to really find out if I’m a jerk? Mess with one of those people.
Above all though it’s about you, not me. Like politicians, some agents forget this and the transaction becomes more about them, or rather, their ego. Nothing irks me more than an agent’s ego getting in the way of my clients dreams. I understand that buying or selling a home is more than just a transaction: it’s a life-changing experience and, most likely, the largest purchase you’ll make in your life.
Do you have experience doing exactly what I need?
Until you tell me what you need, there is no way of knowing.
These are “strong suits” of mine:
● Representing buyers and getting them the best deal on the home of their dreams
● Walking first time homebuyers through every nook and cranny of the transaction
● Representing sellers and guiding them in positioning and pricing their home to sell for the highest amount the market will bear in the least amount of time.
● Relocations. Face-time showings are a real thing and necessary when you’re on the other side of country, or world.
● Decluttering and Staging. Because let’s be honest, living in a home and showing a home for sale are totally different animals. It may seem daunting but together we’ll get it done.
If your goal or situation isn’t represented on that list, don’t worry. Contact me anyway. If I can’t help, I can get you referred to an another agent who can.
What are you really good at?
On a personal level, I’m pretty good at baking (I make a mean lemon bar), and I’m not too shabby at refinishing furniture. Gardening, however, not so much.
On a professional level, here are the skill-sets that I’ve developed over the years:
● Listening - obtaining an understanding of your wants, needs, hopes and dreams helps set the tone for a strong working relationship.
● Explaining the sale/purchase process - even the minutia. There’s more to it than: see house, buy house, move into house.
● Compassion - Moving is stressful and there may be road blocks, bumps, detours and total stand stills along the way. I’m here to guide you through it all.
● Humor - You need to have a sense of humor or you might have a heart attack. Things will go wrong. Your inspection will come back with issues. You will get crazy low ball offers on your perfectly priced home. That house you love will have radon, termites and a leaky roof. Most things are solvable and you need to take it in stride. As my dad used to say: This too shall pass. I’ll be right there with you.
● Rookie of the Year 2016 – Weichert Old Town Office
● Northern VA Association of Realtors Multi-Million Dollar Sales Club 2016,2017
● Weichert Executive Club Award 2016